As we enter November, the penultimate month in a rather turbulent year, my thoughts normally wander on to what the next year will bring tech wise for me. Despite a punishing year for many businesses, the big tech companies (on the whole) have continued to grow, AWS posted revenues $11.6bn for Q3 2020, up by 29% year on year and Google Cloud made $3.44bn compared to $2.38bn for same quarter in 2019. But forget about the big boys, what’s more interesting is those tech companies on the way up, and theres a few!
I’ve been fortunate to work closely with VMware and in particular, the UK-based VMware Cloud on AWS team, over the last 18 months or so. Stagecoach were one of the first businesses in the UK to adopt it as their cloud platform of choice alongside AWS and so we have forged a strong relationship with their team, in particular Nico Vibert. I tell you this as some simple promotion for his website, because a good percentage of this code was his. If you’re into Terraform and VMWonAWS then head over to his website.
- Terraform connectivity to my VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Clone existing vSphere template to singular VM
- Clone existing vSphere template to multiple VMs
- Dynamically name the VMs
- Dynamically name the machines in Windows
- Assign an sequential IP to each VM
- Join to an Active Directory domain