Many moons ago, monitoring was as simple as spinning up a Nagios instance, or Solarwinds if the business you worked for was a little ‘flush’ with cash. It did exactly what you wanted, allowed you to monitor via SNMP or WMI, and it gave you a simple graphical interface for each ‘node’ that you looked after. Over the last few years though, there is far more to monitoring. Its an area I have an interest in, so I thought I’d document some of what I’ve seen recently.Continue reading
- VMware have changed their licensing model – why should you care?
- Lifting and shifting documents to Microsoft 365? What’s the best approach?
- So he’s disrupted the car industry, is Elon about to do the same with Internet Access?
- JML, joiners, movers and leavers. How to make it work well in your business
- Server Provisioning & Configuration Management: A Checklist