Most people who know me well know that I love new technology, whether it be personal, or enterprise grade. One thing I love equally as much though, is a good demonstration, or ‘announcement’ – and this is why I love VMworld. Its an event that is full of tech, new announcements on tech that generally I love. Sadly this year its virtual, which is bad because I love Barcelona, but my liver will thank me long term I’m sure. Here’s a few things I’ve been most excited about.
I’ve been fortunate to work closely with VMware and in particular, the UK-based VMware Cloud on AWS team, over the last 18 months or so. Stagecoach were one of the first businesses in the UK to adopt it as their cloud platform of choice alongside AWS and so we have forged a strong relationship with their team, in particular Nico Vibert. I tell you this as some simple promotion for his website, because a good percentage of this code was his. If you’re into Terraform and VMWonAWS then head over to his website.
- Terraform connectivity to my VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Clone existing vSphere template to singular VM
- Clone existing vSphere template to multiple VMs
- Dynamically name the VMs
- Dynamically name the machines in Windows
- Assign an sequential IP to each VM
- Join to an Active Directory domain